Friday, July 23, 2010

Spicy Thai inspired peanut noodles.

I saw someone make something like this on TV one time, and I REALLY wanted to try them.  I could never find the recipe for the show I watched, so I decided to give it a shot from memory and here's what I came up with.

360g Soba Noodles

Sauce
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup Soya Sauce
3tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tsp Garlic
1/2 tsp Ginger
1-2 tsp Hot Chili sauce (I used 2 tsp of "Sriracha HOT chili sauce", and it was quite spicy)
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
3 Green Onions slice about 1/4 inch on the diagonal
(And if the mixture seems too thick, you can thin it down with some warm water, but just enough to make it easy to coat the noodles.)

Mix the sauce together (Be careful it will splatter when adding liquid to the peanut butter, so be gentle until the peanut butter loosens up and starts to accept the liquid). 
Cook the noodles according to package directions.
Coat Noodles with the peanut mixture.

This recipe is good hot, or room temperature.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment